As part of the Delivery Hero network, Talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.
Talabat was voted the UAE best food app in 2016/2017 by BBC Good Food with over 1,600+ employees, 3.8+ million users, 13,300+ of brands with more than 300,000 daily orders and we are just getting started!
What's On Your Plate?
Our mothership Delivery hero is the leading online food delivery player in MENA, with well-
established local brands such as Talabat, Hunger station, and Zomato it combines the local
entrepreneurship with global excellence.
Today in the MENA market - Talabat is leading the way with a food ordering platform that
delivers nearly 10 Million Orders per month (500k daily)whilst operating across the largest
market for the Delivery Hero Group.
As Talabat continues to grow and keep ahead of the curve we have recently launched our
very own end-end grocery service across the MENA region: tMart
We’re looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to join the team and focus on growing our
own Grocery Store “Talabat Mart”, which is the region’s first cloud store concept offering
30-minute delivery of groceries at hypermarket prices. Launched in Kuwait and UAE, the
service is expanding fast to more countries.
What’s On Your Plate?
- Setting overall commercial strategy for the country (mission, format positioning), defining and approving strategic guidelines (i.e. Divisions/ Departments/Category plan, Sourcing, Layout, Communication, Private label, …), ensuring consistency of different Category Managers
- Negotiating contract deals with suppliers, in addition to building the foreign/imports and private label range
- Supporting in major negotiations with suppliers – international and local suppliers Advertising and research agencies, etc
- Finalizing policies, procedures and standards (i.e. service level, imports incidence, suppliers standards, categories maintenance, negotiating terms…)
- Setting the guidelines/processes for imports (suppliers standards, show trades activities, negotiation standards…) in line with the overall merchandise Strategy
- Ensuring proper implementation of policies, procedure and standards such as service level, imports, suppliers standards, categories maintenance, negotiating terms, etc. for each department in the Division
- Reviewing and periodically revising assortments and pricing decisions developed by the country manager
- Ensuring cost-saving and effective purchasing.
- Assess and reports to Regional Director of the Division across store - sales, gross margin, Profit & Loss - and consistency with the Company commercial strategy - price positioning, basic assortment, etc. and raising appropriate reports
- Reviews pricing strategy versus price audits by market, to ensure no margin erosions while maintaining our budgeted gross margin
- Ensuring cost-effective management of stores, suggesting/directing improvement actions/alignment with best practices and coordinating with Corporate Functions
- Monitoring trends in the marketplace, including the competition and validating action plans for improvement