As part of the Delivery Hero network, Talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.
Talabat was voted the UAE best food app in 2016/2017 by BBC Good Food with over 1,600+ employees, 3.8+ million users, 13,300+ of brands with more than 300,000 daily orders and we are just getting started!
What's On Your Plate?
Who Are We?
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform with a mission to be the international leader of the category. Our awesome International team already operates in over 40 countries worldwide delivering millions of meals every month. We are genuine, non-conformists, entrepreneurs, smart, data-oriented and definitely know how to have fun.
tMart at Delivery Hero MENA consists of a grocery service focusing on convenience and affordability. The aim is to build a team of intelligent and driven people from all around the world who work closely together with our entities to disrupt the local market. This team is responsible for acting as a catalyst for new verticals of Delivery Hero and in ensuring their success, further rollout, and solidification of our continued success.
What's On Your Plate?
- Full Ownership over the category management role in terms of Assortments, Pricing, Offers and Supply.
- Responsible for monitoring economic performance of the assigned departments /categories across sales, gross margin, profit and loss and consistency with the company's commercial strategy.
- Ensuring proper implementation of the commercial strategy and strategic guidelines, including categories plan and pricing strategy.
- Providing input to the Ops team flows, adjacencies, tools and templates, fixtures, etc.
- Reviewing and resolving any issues with local suppliers.
- Ensuring cost efficiency across our consumers that meets their needs/wants.
- Defining and maintaining the local assortment and integrating the basic assortment for the department/categories.
- Providing regional teams with information regarding products and quantities needed for international and regional contracts.
- Selecting local suppliers, negotiating and purchasing in line with expected needs guided by standards such as cost price, discounts, rebates, payment terms, discounts, etc.
- Pricing the items based on pricing guidelines and recommended prices for PL/Imported items.
- Collecting market prices and conducting country price audits.
- Identifying local promo products and pricing each item and submitting forecasting/relevant reordering information to replenishment.
- Developing the country promotion calendar.
- Following up and ensuring effective execution of all activities required for each promotional event.
- Analysing and providing inputs for more effective promotional activities such as consumer preferences, local competitors and trends.