As the Business Development Capture Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the Public Sector in the Middle East, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS and other AWS services). Your broad responsibilities will include working with the internal AWS Public Sector team to develop and oversee winning bid strategies, pricing, partnering, and proposal strategies and help with written proposals (Tenders) and Panel Contracts in the public sector. The Capture Manager will be working with the AWS field sales and partner teams to close business at a rapid rate across the public sector.
The ideal candidate will possess prior business development/capture management and technology experience supporting innovative technical solutions identifying and responding to written formal procurement opportunities. The candidate will possess government/public sector background that enables them develop opportunity pursuit strategies, win themes, technical discriminators and ability to communicate effectively with technical leaders, procurement/legal principals, architects and business leaders. He/she needs demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
The candidate must know Government acquisition guidelines and have experience with government compliance requirements. Serve as a key member of the AWS Middle East based Public Sector team identifying, shaping, preparing for and responding to procurement opportunities including RFPs/Tenders and, depending on the procurement scope, might include other solicitation approaches like Requests for Information and working on frameworks. Identify, manage and execute the pre-solicitation capture plan as well as the proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.). Develop win themes, cloud friendly procurement approaches, technical discriminators, and innovative strategies working with AWS stakeholders specific to opportunities. Understand and navigate government contracting vehicles and procedures. Be a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, solutions providers and pricing.
· Excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical and possess substantial experience in opportunity identification and proposal/ tender capture management
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· Must have a good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals
· Sales and government procurement experience
· Arabic and English language proficiency
- University Degree
· MBA or advanced college degree preferred