AWS are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Tech to join the growing AWS team within Infrastructure Delivery of Networking. The team responsibilities involve delivering AWS network installation and deployments in Middle-East Region.
The Network Tech will work closely with internal customers, external vendors as well as coordinating regional resources to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program Managers.
An ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in building & supporting large scale, enterprise class networks.
They will be highly competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber/Copper connectivity all combined with a proven project delivery methodology.
This position will provide the individual with opportunity to drive the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks while working with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively.
In addition: the successful candidate will have great opportunity to work closely with our Network Development Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
· AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
· TCP/IP networking knowledge
· Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
· Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
· Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
· Familiarity with common networking terms.
· Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
· Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
· Ability to travel within geographical/regional work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
· Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
· Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
· Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
· Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
· Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
· The ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success.
· Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
· Strong prioritization and time management ability.
· Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
· Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
· Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
· Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
· Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
· Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus.
· Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50lbs (25kg) and perform physical work for extended periods including ladder climbing.