As Senior Account Manager within AWS focused on the Egypt market, you will have the opportunity to help drive the adoption and growth of emerging cloud-based technologies. More importantly, you'll help government customers transform their IT services and significantly improve the citizen experience. Your responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer base. You will deepen business and technical relationships and launch new customer services by helping to define, identify and pursue key opportunities. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies and collaborating with AWS Solution Architects, Partners, Legal, Marketing, Product, Capture/Contracts and MEA leadership.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s goals and environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with customers and our eco-system of partners (SI’s and ISV’s) that support these customers. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level, as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about government priorities and technical challenges and to convey compelling technical solutions to them.
In this role, you will:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region.
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team, helping to advance our market and technical strategy.
· Articulate and implement strategic territory and account plans aligned to AWS's strategic direction.
· Understand the technical considerations, certifications, and procurement processes specific to the public sector.
· Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating a relevant value proposition for you customer.
· Work closely with customers to ensure that they understand relevant cloud use cases, are successful using AWS services, and are able to build the technical resources required to fully embrace cloud services.
· Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with their IT development team(s) to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Collaborate with AWS’s Legal team and others to manage complex contract negotiations.
· Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel
· 7+ years of outside sales and/or business development experience with a focus on public sector (government, education, healthcare and public safety)
· 7+ years of technology sales experience selling enterprise software, networking, infrastructure, managed hosting services, or cloud computing services.
· BA/BS degree required
· Proficient oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic
· Bachelors degree in engineering or computer science
· Technical background in software applications, networking, big data analytical tools, web application development, cybersecurity, etc.
· Demonstrated history of consistently exceeding sales quota
· Experience selling to a variety of public sector executive agencies
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer